We are Hiring
1. IT Support Engineer
We are seeking an IT Support engineer with 5+year’s relevant experience to join our IT department in Bellville/Durbanville area.
Basic requirements and general expectations:
- No criminal record;
- Own transport and valid SA driver’s license;
- Meticulous and high attention to detail;
- Able to work in a team, under supervision, as well as alone;
- Neat and well presented – formal/semi-formal dress code;
- Willing to work overtime when required;
- The candidate must have an excellent command of the English language;
- Microsoft Certified Professional, MCSE or related certification (additional/multiple certifications will be advantageous)
- 5+ years' experience working in an IT Support capacity, installing, replacing & supporting desktop and server computer hardware, MS Windows operating systems, applications such as MS Word, MS Excel & MS Outlook.
- A comprehensive background and understanding of network systems (TCP/IP communication protocols, switches, routers, firewalls), the ability to diagnose physical internal/external connectivity issues with computers, printers & telephones, general routing issues, port-forwarding concepts and the ability to analise and review security logs.
- Good understanding and relevant experience on managing Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policies, DHCP & DNS Systems and the ability to diagnose and resolve issues quickly.
- Installing & troubleshooting VoIP systems and understand its concepts and related protocols (SIP, IAX2, relevant ports & basic requirements)
A firm understanding of the following will be beneficial:
- Remote technologies (VNC, Remote Desktop Services/Terminal Services & the RDP protocol, Citrix, TeamViewer)
- Flow of email & related diagnostic procedures (black-/white-/grey-listing, SPAM & Email filtering techniques, email routing etc.)
- VPN Systems (physical & logical) – understand the difference between various VPN technologies and terminology, basic setup and troubleshooting techniques.
- The concept of virtualised systems – experience with Linux-based hyper-visors advantageous.
- Basic understanding of CCTV & Access control systems also advantageous.
Submit your CV along with any motivational text or documents through the Apply button below. Please indicate expected salary and notice period.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.